Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dinner and a corny joke

Last night at 4:30pm I realized that I had not even begun to think of dinner.

Pasta is quick to prepare, so maybe spaghetti?

Well, all the ground beef was in the freezer and I hate thawing in the microwave  - never really works the way I want it to.

So, besides left over roast beef (which I like to use in shepherd's pie),
the only meat in my fridge was bacon.

Free bacon photo can be found here

Of course, I was thinking...

Pasta + Bacon = Carbonara
 
Perfect! It is one of Chris' favourites, but I had never made carbonara before...
how difficult could it be?!

Well, I found out that it is extremely easy using
this recipe on one of my favourite websites www.allrecipes.ca

We were done eating by 5:30pm!  And it was SO good.

I'm definitely saving this recipe.


Today, I am measuring suitcases... why?
Because tomorrow we are headed to...






Florida!

We're leaving tomorrow VERY early in the morning...

... and soon, we'll be "bacon" in the sun!
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Thanks for stopping in.


1 comment:

  1. I am saving this recipe! I think everyone here would like it. Thanks for sharing, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.