Thursday, May 5, 2011

Flingin' Chicken

Today, we were out and about and decided to stop at Swiss Chalet for dinner.  Their specialty is rotisserie chicken, so that is what we had.  Oliver even had his own child sized version.

Along with his chicken, he was eating up all of the attention from the waitresses.  Even at 13 months old, he  was definitely hamming it up and excitedly enjoying his delicious dinner.  Maybe a little too excitedly...

source


With handfuls of chicken, he started waiving his arms around, causing pieces of chicken to fly through the air all over the place!  I was sure one of those chicken pieces hit the lady at the next table (Chris later assured me that it didn't - but I noticed that she quickly finished her dinner and left shortly afterwards).

As we were trying to stifle our uncontrollable laughter, I remember thinking that this is only the beginning.  I am sure that there will be many more funny family dinnertime moments in the years to come... and if you are ever over at our house for dinner, be prepared to duck.


Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

  1. Too funny! Love that you're taking your little one out. I get compliments all the time on how well behaved SB is when we sit in the Barnes & Noble cafe with a pile of books(him) and magazines(me) with coffee(me) and a snack(him.) I've always explained that when you start taking them to restaurants when they're really young they just learn how people behave in restaurants. I'm sure he didn't actually hit the other diner. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, Just be sure to serve and I will grab my duck and duck. Love this post.
    Thanks for you visits to my home. So glad you enjoyed.
    I am your newest follower. I want to see how this adventure unfolds.
    Happy Mother's Day, Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the fun is just beginning, my friend! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.