Monday, July 16, 2012

Halfway There :: Our Latest Project

Hey there!  It sure has been awhile since my last post.  That's because I've been working on a new project.  I guess you could say that it's a collaboration with my husband, Chris.  The past few months of this project have really been taking a toll on me physically, but in the end it'll all be worth it...






...because in the end we'll be welcoming a new member of our family.  That's right, we're expecting!

Now, the unfortunate part is that pregnancy does not agree with me in the slightest.  Just like when I was pregnant with our son Oliver, severe nausea and vomiting have become a part of daily life.  And everything smells terrible!  The smell of the dog, cologne, soaps, the fridge, and even my own skin gets my stomach churning.

We are now halfway through the year of 2012 (can hardly believe it!), and we are also just past the halfway point of this pregnancy.  After our experience with miscarriage last year, I have found it difficult to be excited about the arrival of a baby, just in case it doesn't happen... until now.

A few days ago, we had an ultrasound and found out that they think we're having a girl!

Since then, all I can think about is decorating the nursery and how much I love the name that we've picked for her (although if it turns out to be a boy, that's ok too).

Oliver is going to be a fabulous big brother and already has a nickname for his little sister... "Oatmeal".

Even though I won't quite breathe a sigh of relief until she is born healthy and in our arms, it feels good to finally replace some of the doubt and pessimism with some happiness and excitement... and maybe even a little bit of joy.

I hope you are all experiencing some joy this summer too!


Thanks for stopping by.

Andrea






2 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea! congrats!! but you didn't tell us what name you picked out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Feeling sick while pregnant is never easy! Hope the sickness is starting to get better in your 2nd trimester!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.