Saturday, January 25, 2014

Little Hearts

When Amelia goes down for her afternoon nap, Oliver and I have been enjoying some quality time together.  Sometimes we do a craft; sometimes we bake healthy cookies (I will post the recipe once it's perfected!); sometimes we read a pile of books in our big white comfy chair.  All of these times are extremely precious to me and I've been trying to soak up every minute.  For in the back of my mind, I am thinking the word "September".  That is when this little boy, whom I have spent most of my waking (and sleeping) hours with over the past 4 years or so, will start going to school.  Seven more months with both of my little hearts at home with me.  Seven more months to make every moment count.




The other day, Oliver and I decided to do a simple craft while Amelia slept.  With Valentine's day coming up in a few weeks, we went with that theme.  Pipe cleaners and beads were all that we needed.




Oliver enjoyed stringing beads onto the pipe cleaners, which I then twisted into heart shapes.  Watching the quiet concentration of this small, yet so astoundingly grown up, boy was a moment that I will cherish.  What I will cherish even more, is what he said to me next...




"Mommy, I love doing crafts with you."





I am sharing this at the Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party!






2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful memory your little guy will have! I am the same way with my kiddos. And once they hit school age and are out of the house, I feel totally LOST!! Good for you doing all this awesome stuff with them while they're little. Enjoy every single second because we both know how fast it goes by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nos encanta tu blog!!
    http://mdeunalectora.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.